Re: [XTalk] Origen, Against Celsus 1.47, and the reference to Paul.

  • James Ernest
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2007
      Ben,
      I don't have a critical edition of Contra Celsum here. The sentence you
      quote is included without any note about textual problems in Chadwick's CUP
      translation. Chadwick does have a long note about the preceding Josephus
      quotations. At Amazon, a search inside for "common upbringing" will show you
      the page. (Chadwick's Contra Celsum is will worth owning, though the price
      is regrettable.)
      James Ernest