Re: [XTalk] Ron Price-Question from a novice about Redaction Criticism

  • Steve Puluka
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 9, 2007
      on 5/29/07 1:52 PM, Gregory Leiby at gleiby@... wrote:

      > Ron,
      >
      > I have found the ongoing discussion between you
      > and Rikk interesting. I appreciate both of your
      > willingness to discuss in such an open forum.
      >
      > Before reading the discussion, I was not familiar
      > with the term Redaction Criticism (please note
      > that I am not a scholar).

      Redaction criticism looks to the editorial process and motivations. This
      stems from the look at sources for the current biblical texts. The
      identification of multiple sources woven together into a final form creates
      the question of the editors role in creating that final form.

      For a very brief introduction to various kinds of "criticisms" see:

      Hayes, John Haralson, and Carl R. Holladay. Biblical Exegesis: A Beginner's
      Handbook. Rev ed. Atlanta: John Knox Press, 1987.

      --
      Steve Puluka, MA Duquesne University
      Cantor, Holy Ghost Church, Mckees Rocks PA