British Library Readers' Group

  • Roger Pearse
    Message 1 of 1 , May 17, 2007
      I imagine that many readers of this group use the British Library,
      and perhaps especially its manuscript department. Following the
      announcement that the government intends to prune its $200m budget
      by up to 7%, a group to represent readers at the BL was set up in
      January.

      http://www.blrg.org.uk/

      "The British Library Readers Group is made up of academics,
      students, journalists, independent scholars, researchers and writers
      who are readers at the British Library. We have come together to
      meet one another and to represent readers to the administration and
      trustees of the British Library.

      "Our aim is to seek constructive solutions to issues that have an
      impact upon our working lives in the library."

      I know that I have always felt that I was sometimes one unimportant
      man against a vast institution. If you have ever felt the same,
      please join the group.

      All the best,

      Roger Pearse