Re: [XTalk] Tomb Of Jesus

  • Antonio Lombatti
    Message 1 of 6 , May 11, 2007
      I have a big present for you (:-) I've uploaded four pictures for
      those interested in at the following address:

      http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/4522/ricostruzr9.jpg

      http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/690/sepolcrosw2.jpg

      http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/2571/immagine2at5.png

      http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/1297/immagine3md9.png

      1. (left) a possible reconstruction of Jesus' tomb; (right) the
      original Constantinian ediculae built over the supposed burial spot.

      2. full plan of the structure

      3. Corbo's reconstruction of the Hadrian pagan temple built over
      Jesus' burial place

      4. Corbo's full plan of the structure

      The majority of scholars (even if not all of them) agree that the
      Holy Sepulchre is the possible burial place of Jesus (see: S. De
      Sandoli. _Calvary and the Holy Sepulchre_. Jerusalem: Franciscan
      Printing Press, 1977; V. Corbo, _Il Santo Sepolcro di Gerusalemme_. 3
      vols, Gerusalemme: Franciscan Printing Press, 1981-1982 and a good
      summary is the magazine article by D. Bahat, _Does the Holy Sepulchre
      Mark the Burial of Jesus?_. in "Biblical Archaeological Review", 3
      (1986), pp. 26-45, he writes: " We may not be absolutely certain that
      the site of the Holy Sepulchre is the site of Jesus' burial, but we
      certainly have no other site that can lay a claim as weighly, and we
      really have no evidence to reject the authenticity of the site".)

      Antonio Lombatti