More Jesus shows today

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 8, 2007
      Today on MSNBC was actually kind of a double header. Besides their
      rebroadcast of the

      Dateline special report: The last days of Jesus,

      I also
      watched most of their ‘Gospel of Judas’ offers contrarian view of Jesus:
      Controversial manuscript authenticated as early Christian writing
      http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12186080/, which includes a link to the NBC VIDEO.
      • Did Jesus ask Judas to betray him?
      April 7: NBC's Natalie Morales reports on the unveiling of the Gospel of
      Judas.
      MSNBC staff and news service reports. Updated: 5:00 a.m. HT April 7, 2006

      The MSNBC reports include a lot of footage of re-enactments. For example,
      the Gospel of Judas apparently describes Jesus as laughing a lot, and they
      showed a laughing Jesus with audio track as well as video.

      I thought the MSNBC double header is worthwhile, especially for the general
      public and underclassmen at the university level. The lineup of scholars
      for The Last Days of Jesus was good.

      Bob Schacht
      University of Hawaii