Re: Today

  • león
    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 4, 2007
      Watch this game . . .

      the winners get to play with the Apostles.

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrShK-NVMIU

      leon
    • Mike Grondin
      Message 2 of 16 , Feb 6, 2007
        --- Ken Olson wrote to Mark:
        > The iconographic evidence suggests you're wrong
        > about Jesus knowledge of football:
        >
        > http://www.catholicsupply.com/christmas/football.html

        Yeah, but the accompanying interpretation of the
        meaning of the statue seems kinda funny:

        "Jesus is with us in everything we do, watching over us"

        Not sure whether J is taking a hand-off or blocking
        out the other guy, but he's definitely helping the
        one to the detriment of the other. I guess the other
        guy isn't part of "us". Maybe a non-Christian? <g>

        Mike Grondin
        Message 3 of 16 , Feb 6, 2007
          At 09:32 AM 2/6/2007, Mike Grondin wrote:
          >--- Ken Olson wrote to Mark:
          > > The iconographic evidence suggests you're wrong
          > > about Jesus knowledge of football:
          > >
          > > http://www.catholicsupply.com/christmas/football.html
          >
          >Yeah, but the accompanying interpretation of the
          >meaning of the statue seems kinda funny:
          >
          >"Jesus is with us in everything we do, watching over us"
          >
          >Not sure whether J is taking a hand-off or blocking
          >out the other guy, but he's definitely helping the
          >one to the detriment of the other. I guess the other
          >guy isn't part of "us". Maybe a non-Christian? <g>
          >
          >Mike Grondin

          Hey, if you guys keep this up, I'm gonna write out the whole set of lyrics
          for Paul Craft's "Drop Kick me, Jesus, through the Goal Posts of Life" and
          post it.

        • Horace Jeffery Hodges
          Message 4 of 16 , Feb 7, 2007
            You do that, Bob, and I'll post all of "Joggin' with Jesus," by Hank Wangford.

            Meanwhile: http://www.hankwangford.com/

            Jeffery Hodges

            Bob Schacht <r_schacht@...> wrote:
            Hey, if you guys keep this up, I'm gonna write out the whole set of lyrics
            for Paul Craft's "Drop Kick me, Jesus, through the Goal Posts of Life" and
            post it.

            Bob

            University Degrees:

            Ph.D., History, U.C. Berkeley
            M.A., History of Science, U.C. Berkeley

            Email Address:

            jefferyhodges@...

            Blog:

            http://gypsyscholarship.blogspot.com/

            Office Address:

            Korea University
            136-701 Anam-dong, Seongbuk-gu
            Seoul
            South Korea

            Home Address:

            Sehan Apt. 102-2302
            Sinnae-dong 795
            Jungrang-gu
            Seoul 131-770
            South Korea

            Message 5 of 16 , Feb 7, 2007
              On Feb 7, 2007, at 4:41 AM, Horace Jeffery Hodges wrote:

              > You do that, Bob, and I'll post all of "Joggin' with Jesus," by
              > Hank Wangford.
              >
              > Meanwhile: http://www.hankwangford.com/
              >
              > Jeffery Hodges
              >
              > Bob Schacht <r_schacht@...> wrote:
              > Hey, if you guys keep this up, I'm gonna write out the whole set
              > of lyrics
              > for Paul Craft's "Drop Kick me, Jesus, through the Goal Posts of
              > Life" and
              > post it.

              Bob, Jeffrey,
              Surely the more appropriate song to the authentic sayings of Jesus
              comes from that grand song by Ray Stevens, "Would Jesus Wear a Rolex
              on His Television Show?" And yet some will surely reply with Janis
              Joplin's, "Oh Lord, Want You Buy Me a Mercedes Benz;)!"

              Gordon Raynal
              Inman, SC