Re: Jesus and angels

  • dbockdts
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 15, 2007
      Jeffrey:

      Yes, the Pseudepigrapha is loaded with suggestions and 1 Enoch is most
      detailed. Note that in the Hebrew Scriptures the idea of God as the
      Creator of all will be an important presupposition for this. The idea
      of the heavenly council also plays in, but its roots are less clear.

      Darrell

      --- In crosstalk2@yahoogroups.com, "Jeffrey B. Gibson"
      <jgibson000@...> wrote:

      > afsegal wrote:
      >
      > > If you mean angels in Christology, I would start with April D.
      > > Deconick, ed. Paradise Now, just published through SBL. If you
      > > mean, angels in general, I would begin with an encyclopedia article.
      > >

      > Alan,
      > Thanks for your reply. I mean angels in general. I have assumed
      that they were
      > thought within first century Judaism(s) to have been created by the
      God of
      > Israel. But when I asked myself why I assumed that, I had no ready
      answer. No
      > text came to mind.
      >
      > Hence my question.
      >
      > Anyone here have access to the CD of the Encyclopedia Judaica?
      >
      > Jeffrey
      > --
      > Jeffrey B. Gibson, D.Phil. (Oxon)
      > 1500 W. Pratt Blvd.
      > Chicago, Illinois
      > e-mail jgibson000@...

    • Lew Reich
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 17, 2007
        Yes, Jeffrey - I have both the CD and the hard copy. I'll be happy to look
        and see what I can find; is there anything in particular you'd like me to
        search on?

        Lewis Reich
        LBReich@...

        _____