Re: [XTalk] Re: Jesus and angels

  • RAnderson58@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 14, 2007
      Jeffrey B. Gibson:

      Crispin H.T. Fletcher-Louis, Luke-Acts: Angels, Christology and Soteriology (Mohr Siebeck 1997)

      Richard H. Anderson

    • dbockdts
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 15, 2007
        Jeffrey:

        Yes, the Pseudepigrapha is loaded with suggestions and 1 Enoch is most
        detailed. Note that in the Hebrew Scriptures the idea of God as the
        Creator of all will be an important presupposition for this. The idea
        of the heavenly council also plays in, but its roots are less clear.

        Darrell

        --- In crosstalk2@yahoogroups.com, "Jeffrey B. Gibson"
        <jgibson000@...> wrote:

        > afsegal wrote:
        >
        > > If you mean angels in Christology, I would start with April D.
        > > Deconick, ed. Paradise Now, just published through SBL. If you
        > > mean, angels in general, I would begin with an encyclopedia article.
        > >

        > Alan,
        > Thanks for your reply. I mean angels in general. I have assumed
        that they were
        > thought within first century Judaism(s) to have been created by the
        God of
        > Israel. But when I asked myself why I assumed that, I had no ready
        answer. No
        > text came to mind.
        >
        > Hence my question.
        >
        > Anyone here have access to the CD of the Encyclopedia Judaica?
        >
        > Jeffrey
        > --
        > Jeffrey B. Gibson, D.Phil. (Oxon)
        > 1500 W. Pratt Blvd.
        > Chicago, Illinois
        > e-mail jgibson000@...

      • Lew Reich
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 17, 2007
          Yes, Jeffrey - I have both the CD and the hard copy. I'll be happy to look
          and see what I can find; is there anything in particular you'd like me to
          search on?

          Lewis Reich
          LBReich@...

          _____