Re: a bit more about jesus secret life

  • sdavies0
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 7, 2006
      I think this is deceitful, assuming it has to do with Nag Hammadi
      type material. None of that has more than a passing little bit of
      interest in "Lives" of Jesus,or "stories" and so forth. I guess it
      will be talking heads going on about NHL texts with editors trying
      to select bits having something to do with Jesus' life story. Such
      are few and far between and, according to absolutely every
      professional, historically worthless. Now, I wish I was one of the
      talking heads (I was a talking head on a National Geo tv show last
      year and got a nice trip to LA out of it) and I hope it advertises
      my Gospel of Thomas and Secret Book of John books.... but why does
      it all have to be advertised in such a misleading manner, as if we
      have all of these other newly found narrative biographies which, of
      course, we don't have.

      Steve Davies

      > Explorer: Secret Lives of Jesus
      > Sunday, December 17, at 9 p.m. ET/PT (World Premiere)
      > More than 1,500 years ago, ancient writings were buried that
      offered
      > alternative narratives about Jesus of Nazareth. There were many of
      these
      > alternative gospels that rendered very different versions of the
      story
      > and were considered scandalous and deemed heretical. Rediscovered
      within
      > the last century, these texts offer more questions than answers.
      Secret