a bit more about jesus secret life

  • Jim West
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 7, 2006
      I uncovered this and pass it along fyi (since the NGC site says nothing
      specific)

      Explorer: Secret Lives of Jesus
      Sunday, December 17, at 9 p.m. ET/PT (World Premiere)
      More than 1,500 years ago, ancient writings were buried that offered
      alternative narratives about Jesus of Nazareth. There were many of these
      alternative gospels that rendered very different versions of the story
      and were considered scandalous and deemed heretical. Rediscovered within
      the last century, these texts offer more questions than answers. Secret
      Lives of Jesus examines these mysterious lost stories of Christ,
      exploring the fundamental questions surrounding the texts. Who wrote
      them and why? How do they compare to the accepted New Testament gospels
      of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John? And why were the stories forgotten for
      so long? Secret Lives of Jesus deconstructs the forces at play during
      this time of radical religious ideals — and offers a tantalizing glimpse
      inside the logic behind some of the most bizarre stories ever told about
      Jesus Christ.

      --
      Jim West, ThD

    • sdavies0
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 7, 2006
        I think this is deceitful, assuming it has to do with Nag Hammadi
        type material. None of that has more than a passing little bit of
        interest in "Lives" of Jesus,or "stories" and so forth. I guess it
        will be talking heads going on about NHL texts with editors trying
        to select bits having something to do with Jesus' life story. Such
        are few and far between and, according to absolutely every
        professional, historically worthless. Now, I wish I was one of the
        talking heads (I was a talking head on a National Geo tv show last
        year and got a nice trip to LA out of it) and I hope it advertises
        my Gospel of Thomas and Secret Book of John books.... but why does
        it all have to be advertised in such a misleading manner, as if we
        have all of these other newly found narrative biographies which, of
        course, we don't have.

        Steve Davies