Ted's reply Re: [XTalk] Methodological Presupposition re Gospel Accounts

  • Robert Griffin
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 18, 2006
      --- In crosstalk2@yahoogroups.com, "Theodore Weeden" <Tweeden@...>
      wrote:

      > Robert,
      >
      > I thought you sent me this inquiry off-list some time ago and I
      responded to
      > it. Is that not the case? Are you presenting it here to enlicit a
      wider
      > response from other list members? If so, fine.
      >
      > Ted Weeden

      Ted,

      When my first attempt to email you failed, I sent the message
      (without appropriate editting) to the list. When it also failed to
      appear on the list, I stsrted looking for a more successful way of
      emailing you. As a result, you received my email LONG before my prior
      post appeared.

      These remain topics of interest to me, so I am definitely interested
      in the response of other list members.

      In an expansion on the question of the passage in Gospel of Thomas,
      what is the general opinion regarding the historical value of the
      passage? Is this passage believed to be a creation of the early
      church, of the early Gnostics, or ? As far as I am aware, it shows
      the highest Christology of any of the known Gnostic documents,
      approaching a Johanine Christology.

      Be Well,
      Bob Griffin