Re: [XTalk] Re: The census of Quirinius: Carlson's rendering of Lk. 2.2

  • John C. Poirier
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 4, 2006
      The date of Quirinius' famous census is not the only problem with identifying it as the census mentioned in Luke. There's also the problem that that particular census was *not* just a *per capita* census, but involved a registration of property. One certainly would not expect the Romans to have its subjects migrate to their ancestral homes if registration of property were involved. That would make it easy for everyone to cheat on their taxes.

      John C. Poirier