Re: [XTalk] more on the james ossuary

  • Jack Kilmon
    Message 1 of 1 , May 16 3:33 PM
      From: "Jim West" <jwest@...>
      To: <crosstalk2@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Tuesday, May 16, 2006 4:21 PM
      Subject: [XTalk] more on the james ossuary

      > Yes, even though you thought it was all put to bed and tucked in with a
      > little teddy bear, Shanks, et al, are still engaged in defending the
      > authenticity of the relic. (Or artifact- whatever you wish to call the
      > thing).
      >
      > http://www.bib-arch.org/bswbOOossuary_krumbeinsummary.asp
      >
      > Jim

      Jim, you do not consider Krumbein a credible scientist? BAR aside, I have
      to admit that as both a scientist and a somewhat competent palaeographer, I
      have never been convinced...nor trusted...Dorfman and the IAA analyses and
      the "shake and bake" patina manufacture theory makes no sense at all.

      The greater issue here is how screwed up and agendized any artifact analysis
      can become when the artifact is unprovenanced and the result of looting.

      Jack

      Jack Kilmon
      San Marcos, Texas