Re: [XTalk] Re: Crafting Quotations?

  • Jack Kilmon
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 27, 2006
      From: "Gordon Raynal" <scudi1@...>
      To: <crosstalk2@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Thursday, April 27, 2006 6:48 AM
      Subject: Re: [XTalk] Re: Crafting Quotations?

      > Dear all,
      >
      > I'm not quite sure the purpose of this thread on this group. It seems
      > to me this is the sort of thing that needs to be directly brought up
      > with the author and not chatted about in general terms unless the
      > specific passages of the original author are cited and then the
      > critique in full. Even then, it would be helpful to ask the author to
      > talk about the specific citation and what her/ his point was.
      > Moderators, what think thou?

      Certainly discussing newly published manuscripts such as the Gospel of Judas
      is appropriate and also the genre of lterature to which those manuscripts
      belong. Diverting to critiques of scholars in those genres where not
      pertinent to an HJ issues under discussion is, IMO, going too far afield.

      Jack Kilmon
      Moderator