Re: [XTalk] Judas and his betrayal, a Markan creation

  • jtmcb553@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 23 5:47 AM
      Dear Ted,

      I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of your father.
      My condolences to you, your family and all those who loved him.

      Regards,
      John McBryde

      In a message dated 4/22/2006 2:10:57 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      Tweeden@... writes:

      To John McBryde,Tony Buglass, Jeff Peterson, Mike Grondin:

      I apologize for the delay in replying to your responses to my thesis that
      Judas and Judas' betrayal are Markan creations, particularly with respect to
      the use of PARADIDWMI in the pre-Pauline tradition of the Last Supper (1
      Cor. 11:23) as a refutation of my argument that Paul was not aware of the
      betrayal of Judas.. I have just returned from Orlando, where, during my
      stay, my 97 year-old father died. Consequently, my focus and my emotional
      and physical energies turned to preparing for and officiating at his
      memorial, supporting and being supported by my family in our bereavement.

      I will get back to you shortly with my replies which I plan to present
      collectively. The issue of what the early Christians, who formulated the
      pre-Pauline Last Supper tradition, were referring to in their statement, hO
      KURIOS INSOUS EN TH NUKTI hH PAREDIDETO ('the Lord Jesus in the night in
      which PAREDIDETO ["he was delivered-up/handed-over," i.e. by God, " or
      "betrayed," i.e., by Judas?]), is a critical issue upon which my argument
      stands or falls.

      Regards,

      Ted
      Theodore J. Weeden, Sr.