Re: [XTalk] List etiquette question

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 3, 2006
      "Christian M. M. Brady" wrote:

      > I have a question of etiquette: May I post openings that we have at Tulane
      > that are relevant to members of this list?
      >
      > Many thanks!

      Yes. Please do.

      Jeffrey B. Gibson, D.Phil. (Oxon)
      1500 W. Pratt Blvd.
      Chicago, Illinois
      e-mail jgibson000@...
    • Christian M. M. Brady
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 3, 2006
        On 4/3/06 1:09 PM, "Jeffrey B. Gibson" <jgibson000@...> wrote:

        > "Christian M. M. Brady" wrote:
        >
        >> > I have a question of etiquette: May I post openings that we have at Tulane
        >> > that are relevant to members of this list?
        >> >
        >> > Many thanks!
        >
        > Yes. Please do.

        Thanks! Here they are. Formal inquiries should go to the email addresses
        listed, but feel free to drop me a line if you have any questions.

        Yours,

        Chris

        We have announced two positions at Tulane. The Ancient Judaism
        <http://www.sbl-site.org/EIS/EIS_Openings_Details.aspx?ID=3283> position is
        already up:
        TULANE UNIVERSITY seeks to make a one-year appointment at the rank of
        Visiting Assistant Professor, to begin August 2007, in the field of Ancient
        Judaism. The position would be a joint appointment with the Department of
        Classical Studies and the Jewish Studies Program. The candidate should have
        specialization in Rabbinic Judaism with ability to teach courses in Hebrew
        Bible and Judaism. If you are interested please email your c.v. and letter
        of application to Prof. Brian Horowitz (JWST@...). We will consider
        applications until the position is filled. Tulane University is an
        equal-opportunity, affirmative-action employer.

        Here is the NT description (not on SBL yet):
        The Department of Classical Studies at Tulane University seeks to make a
        one-year appointment at the rank of visiting assistant professor for
        2006-2007. This position will involve teaching a variety of courses in early
        Christianity, early Christian literature, and the New Testament. Completion
        of the Ph.D. is required at the time of the appointment. If you are
        interested please email your c.v. and letter of application to Prof. Dennis
        Kehoe (kehoe@...). We also invite you to see our website:
        http://www.tulane.edu/~classics/ We will consider applications until the
        position is filled. Tulane University is an equal-opportunity,
        affirmative-action employer.

        These are both initially one-year visiting positions, but we have permission
        to begin searching for a tenure track candidate as soon as possible. The NT
        position will be open to area of expertise, but for the next year the
        courses to be taught will include those listed here
        <http://www.tulane.edu/~courses/autumnt/F047.html>.

        --
        cbrady @ tulanehonors.org
        cbrady @ tulane.edu

        Christian M M Brady, D.Phil.
        Director, Honors Program
        Assoc. Prof., Classical & Jewish Studies
        Tulane University
        http://www.tulane.edu/~honors/
        http://tulanehonors.blogspot.com/
        504-865-5517