Re: [XTalk] List etiquette question

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 3 11:09 AM
      "Christian M. M. Brady" wrote:

      > I have a question of etiquette: May I post openings that we have at Tulane
      > that are relevant to members of this list?
      >
      > Many thanks!

      Yes. Please do.

      Jeffrey B. Gibson, D.Phil. (Oxon)
      1500 W. Pratt Blvd.
      Chicago, Illinois
      e-mail jgibson000@...
    • Jim West
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 3 11:15 AM
        "If you post them, they will be filled...."

        ;-)

        Jim

        --
        Jim West, ThD

      • Christian M. M. Brady
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 3 12:47 PM
          On 4/3/06 1:09 PM, "Jeffrey B. Gibson" <jgibson000@...> wrote:

          > "Christian M. M. Brady" wrote:
          >
          >> > I have a question of etiquette: May I post openings that we have at Tulane
          >> > that are relevant to members of this list?
          >> >
          >> > Many thanks!
          >
          > Yes. Please do.

          Thanks! Here they are. Formal inquiries should go to the email addresses
          listed, but feel free to drop me a line if you have any questions.

          Yours,

          Chris

          We have announced two positions at Tulane. The Ancient Judaism
          <http://www.sbl-site.org/EIS/EIS_Openings_Details.aspx?ID=3283> position is
          already up:
          TULANE UNIVERSITY seeks to make a one-year appointment at the rank of
          Visiting Assistant Professor, to begin August 2007, in the field of Ancient
          Judaism. The position would be a joint appointment with the Department of
          Classical Studies and the Jewish Studies Program. The candidate should have
          specialization in Rabbinic Judaism with ability to teach courses in Hebrew
          Bible and Judaism. If you are interested please email your c.v. and letter
          of application to Prof. Brian Horowitz (JWST@...). We will consider
          applications until the position is filled. Tulane University is an
          equal-opportunity, affirmative-action employer.

          Here is the NT description (not on SBL yet):
          The Department of Classical Studies at Tulane University seeks to make a
          one-year appointment at the rank of visiting assistant professor for
          2006-2007. This position will involve teaching a variety of courses in early
          Christianity, early Christian literature, and the New Testament. Completion
          of the Ph.D. is required at the time of the appointment. If you are
          interested please email your c.v. and letter of application to Prof. Dennis
          Kehoe (kehoe@...). We also invite you to see our website:
          http://www.tulane.edu/~classics/ We will consider applications until the
          position is filled. Tulane University is an equal-opportunity,
          affirmative-action employer.

          These are both initially one-year visiting positions, but we have permission
          to begin searching for a tenure track candidate as soon as possible. The NT
          position will be open to area of expertise, but for the next year the
          courses to be taught will include those listed here
          <http://www.tulane.edu/~courses/autumnt/F047.html>.

          --
          cbrady @ tulanehonors.org
          cbrady @ tulane.edu

          Christian M M Brady, D.Phil.
          Director, Honors Program
          Assoc. Prof., Classical & Jewish Studies
          Tulane University
          http://www.tulane.edu/~honors/
          http://tulanehonors.blogspot.com/
          504-865-5517