Fwd: Western text of Acts of the Apostles now online in English translation

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 11, 2006
      >From: "Roger Pearse" <roger_pearse@...>
      >Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 17:40:00 -0000
      >Subject: [ecchst-l] Western text of Acts of the Apostles now online in
      >English translation
      >
      >I've placed online J. M. Wilson's English translation (1923) of the
      >text of the Acts of the Apostles as found in Codex Bezae, in the
      >longer or 'Western text' version. The additional material is shown in
      >bold.
      >
      ><http://www.tertullian.org/fathers/index.htm#Acts_Long>http://www.tertullian.org/fathers/index.htm#Acts_Long
      >
      >All the best,
      >
      >Roger Pearse

      This may interest some on this list, and provides me with the excuse to
      wonder about the Jesus Seminar on the Book of Acts: Is it finished?
      Published? Do they provide any special treatment of the additional material
      in Codex Bezae?

      Bob

      Robert M. Schacht, Ph.D.
      University of Hawaii
      Honolulu, HI

      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 11, 2006

        >> From: "Roger Pearse" <roger_pearse@...>
        >>

        >> I've placed online J. M. Wilson's English translation (1923) of the
        >> text of the Acts of the Apostles as found in Codex Bezae, in the
        >> longer or 'Western text' version. The additional material is shown in
        >> bold.
        >>
        >> <http://www.tertullian.org/fathers/index.htm#Acts_Long>http://
        >> www.tertullian.org/fathers/index.htm#Acts_Long
        >>
        >> All the best,
        >>
        >> Roger Pearse
        >
        > This may interest some on this list, and provides me with the excuse to
        > wonder about the Jesus Seminar on the Book of Acts: Is it finished?
        > Published? Do they provide any special treatment of the additional
        > material
        > in Codex Bezae?
        >
        > Bob

        Hi Bob,

        The Jesus Seminar on Acts continues its work and plans to publish down
        the line. Joseph Tyson and Richard Pervo, who are participants in this
        seminar, do plan to have their own books on Acts out either this Fall
        or by early '07. This is the first meeting I have attended in several
        years and I do not know the answer to your question about additional
        material. What I can say is that at this meeting a vote was taken
        about the dating of Acts and the person presenting the paper, Dennis
        Smith, and Tyson who was there favor a second century dating, sometimes
        in the middle or later years of the second decade. I did not hear the
        final tally of the group vote on this, but it will be forthcoming.

        Gordon Raynal
        Inman, SC