Re: [XTalk] Jesus Novels

  • WAxe101516@aol.com
    Message 1 of 17 , Mar 4, 2006
      There was a captivating novel called "Rabbi J," done, I think, in the '70's
      that has always remained with me in thought, if not in exact content. Some of
      you might find it interesting if it can still be found. I think the author's
      name was Lehman. It's been a long time since I read it, and now I'm at an age
      where no one expects me to remember my own name, much less that of book
      authors of 30 to 40 years ago.

      In the novel he presents a picture of a possible "historical" Jesus who is
      truly Jewish and not in any way or form "against the establishment," (at least
      as I recall). And, he uses the texts of the Gospels and the history/sociology
      of the time to tell the story....well worth the read.

      Bill Axe