Re: [XTalk] The Historical Jesus and Q Skepticism

    Message 1 of 105 , Nov 4, 2005

      Anthony Damato wrote:

      > As a newcomer to X-talk, may I ask precisely which sayings of Jesus cannot
      > be found anywhere in the world's literature in B.C.E.?

      Which sayings do you think are found?  And are you implying that Jesus himself
      did/could not have said any such sayings? Does agreement with something someone
      else said make a saying "inauthentic"?

      JG
      --

      Jeffrey B. Gibson, D.Phil. (Oxon.)

      1500 W. Pratt Blvd. #1
      Chicago, IL 60626

      jgibson000@...

    • Richard H. Anderson
      Message 105 of 105 , Dec 2, 2005
        Liz,

        I assume you mean the url for the journal which I posted this am

        Xtalk member, Lisbeth S. Fried's, new book is now available, The Priest and
        the Great King: Temple-Palace Relations in the Persian Empire, together with
        this review in Denver Journal.
        http://www.denverseminary.edu/dj/articles2005/0100/0109.php

        Richard H. Anderson