The Historical Jesus and Q Skepticism

  • Stephen C. Carlson
    Message 1 of 105 , Nov 3, 2005
      For many scholars, the synoptic problem is not an end,
      but a means to an end: understanding the historical
      Jesus. I can see how these two issues are related on
      the Q side, where Q has been important for accessing
      the teachings of Jesus, but what about the Q-skeptic
      side, such as Farrer? Aside from E. P. Sanders, perhaps,
      I can't really think of any detailed approaches to
      the HJ from the Farrer or other Q-less perspective.
      Am I missing anyone? What would such an approach
      look like?

      Stephen Carlson
      --
      Stephen C. Carlson mailto:scarlson@...
    • Richard H. Anderson
      Message 105 of 105 , Dec 2, 2005
        Liz,

        I assume you mean the url for the journal which I posted this am

        Xtalk member, Lisbeth S. Fried's, new book is now available, The Priest and
        the Great King: Temple-Palace Relations in the Persian Empire, together with
        this review in Denver Journal.
        http://www.denverseminary.edu/dj/articles2005/0100/0109.php

        Richard H. Anderson