RE: [XTalk] SEPTA

  • David Hindley
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 2, 2005
      Richard,

      >>there is only one train at the airport and it goes to center city. you can go to Market East Station and walk to convention center. No need to switch trains unless your hotel is not within walking distance of the convention center. I am assuming that the SBL is at the convention center.<<

      Don't scholars rent cars? If you're visiting London, Tokyo, New York City or Chicago, that's another thing. It's worth the $50-60.

      Respectfully,

      Dave Hindley
      Cleveland, Ohio USA
    • Jim West
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 2, 2005
        David Hindley wrote:

        > Don't scholars rent cars? If you're visiting London, Tokyo, New York City or Chicago, that's another thing. It's worth the $50-60.
        >
        > Respectfully,
        >
        > Dave Hindley
        > Cleveland, Ohio USA

        Nope- we spend all our money on books- so we take the cheapest form of
        transportation we can find. Rental cars are for well-to-do Donald
        Trumpites.

        Jim

        --
        D. Jim West

      • Stephen C. Carlson
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 2, 2005
          At 08:24 PM 11/2/2005 -0500, David Hindley wrote:
          >Don't scholars rent cars? If you're visiting London, Tokyo, New York City or
          >Chicago, that's another thing. It's worth the $50-60.

          At the SBL meetings I've attended, I usually just shared a
          cab from/to the airport or took a shuttle. (Jim's right
          about the books, though.)

          Stephen

          --
          Stephen C. Carlson mailto:scarlson@...