Re: [XTalk] SEPTA

    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 2, 2005
      Hi Richard,
      Thanks for the information.
      Gordon Raynal
      Inman, SC
      On Nov 2, 2005, at 12:48 PM, Richard H. Anderson wrote:

      > There appears to be some misinformation being spread. Although SEPTA
      > is on
      > strike, the trains are still running and you will be able, if you
      > wish, to
      > take the train from Philadelphia International Airport to center city
      > to the
      > SBA conference.
      >
      > Richard H. Anderson

      > crosstalk2-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      >
      > To unsubscribe, send an e-mail to:
      >
      > List managers may be contacted directly at:
      > crosstalk2-owners@yahoogroups.com
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Jim West
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 2, 2005
        Richard H Anderson wrote:

        > There appears to be some misinformation being spread. Although SEPTA is on
        > strike, the trains are still running and you will be able, if you wish, to
        > take the train from Philadelphia International Airport to center city to the
        > SBA conference.
        >
        > Richard H. Anderson

        Which train in particular?

        --
        D. Jim West

      • Richard H. Anderson
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 2, 2005
          there is only one train at the airport and it goes to center city. you can go to Market East Station and walk to convention center. No need to switch trains unless your hotel is not within walking distance of the convention center. I am assuming that the SBL is at the convention center.

          this is a centercity map with convention center and nearby sites and facilities

          http://www.pcvb.org/ab_phil/maps.asp

          Richard H. Anderson

          > There appears to be some misinformation being spread. Although SEPTA is on
          > strike, the trains are still running and you will be able, if you wish, to
          > take the train from Philadelphia International Airport to center city to the
          > SBA conference.
          >
          > Richard H. Anderson

          Which train in particular?

          --
          D. Jim West

          List managers may be contacted directly at: crosstalk2-owners@yahoogroups.com

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • David Hindley
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 2, 2005
            Richard,

            >>there is only one train at the airport and it goes to center city. you can go to Market East Station and walk to convention center. No need to switch trains unless your hotel is not within walking distance of the convention center. I am assuming that the SBL is at the convention center.<<

            Don't scholars rent cars? If you're visiting London, Tokyo, New York City or Chicago, that's another thing. It's worth the $50-60.

            Respectfully,

            Dave Hindley
            Cleveland, Ohio USA
          • Jim West
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 2, 2005
              David Hindley wrote:

              > Don't scholars rent cars? If you're visiting London, Tokyo, New York City or Chicago, that's another thing. It's worth the $50-60.
              >
              > Respectfully,
              >
              > Dave Hindley
              > Cleveland, Ohio USA

              Nope- we spend all our money on books- so we take the cheapest form of
              transportation we can find. Rental cars are for well-to-do Donald
              Trumpites.

              Jim

              --
              D. Jim West

            • Stephen C. Carlson
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 2, 2005
                At 08:24 PM 11/2/2005 -0500, David Hindley wrote:
                >Don't scholars rent cars? If you're visiting London, Tokyo, New York City or
                >Chicago, that's another thing. It's worth the $50-60.

                At the SBL meetings I've attended, I usually just shared a
                cab from/to the airport or took a shuttle. (Jim's right
                about the books, though.)

                Stephen

                --
                Stephen C. Carlson mailto:scarlson@...