RE: [XTalk] SEPTA

  • Richard H. Anderson
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 2, 2005
      There appears to be some misinformation being spread. Although SEPTA is on
      strike, the trains are still running and you will be able, if you wish, to
      take the train from Philadelphia International Airport to center city to the
      SBA conference.

      Richard H. Anderson
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 2, 2005
        Hi Richard,
        Thanks for the information.
        Gordon Raynal
        Inman, SC
        On Nov 2, 2005, at 12:48 PM, Richard H. Anderson wrote:

        > There appears to be some misinformation being spread. Although SEPTA
        > is on
        > strike, the trains are still running and you will be able, if you
        > wish, to
        > take the train from Philadelphia International Airport to center city
        > to the
        > SBA conference.
        >
        > Richard H. Anderson

        > crosstalk2-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
        >
        > To unsubscribe, send an e-mail to:
        >
        > List managers may be contacted directly at:
        > crosstalk2-owners@yahoogroups.com
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Jim West
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 2, 2005
          Richard H Anderson wrote:

          > There appears to be some misinformation being spread. Although SEPTA is on
          > strike, the trains are still running and you will be able, if you wish, to
          > take the train from Philadelphia International Airport to center city to the
          > SBA conference.
          >
          > Richard H. Anderson

          Which train in particular?

          --
          D. Jim West

        • Richard H. Anderson
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 2, 2005
            there is only one train at the airport and it goes to center city. you can go to Market East Station and walk to convention center. No need to switch trains unless your hotel is not within walking distance of the convention center. I am assuming that the SBL is at the convention center.

            this is a centercity map with convention center and nearby sites and facilities

            http://www.pcvb.org/ab_phil/maps.asp

            Richard H. Anderson

            > There appears to be some misinformation being spread. Although SEPTA is on
            > strike, the trains are still running and you will be able, if you wish, to
            > take the train from Philadelphia International Airport to center city to the
            > SBA conference.
            >
            > Richard H. Anderson

            Which train in particular?

            --
            D. Jim West

            List managers may be contacted directly at: crosstalk2-owners@yahoogroups.com

            Yahoo! Groups Links
          • David Hindley
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 2, 2005
              Richard,

              >>there is only one train at the airport and it goes to center city. you can go to Market East Station and walk to convention center. No need to switch trains unless your hotel is not within walking distance of the convention center. I am assuming that the SBL is at the convention center.<<

              Don't scholars rent cars? If you're visiting London, Tokyo, New York City or Chicago, that's another thing. It's worth the $50-60.

              Respectfully,

              Dave Hindley
              Cleveland, Ohio USA
            • Jim West
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 2, 2005
                David Hindley wrote:

                > Don't scholars rent cars? If you're visiting London, Tokyo, New York City or Chicago, that's another thing. It's worth the $50-60.
                >
                > Respectfully,
                >
                > Dave Hindley
                > Cleveland, Ohio USA

                Nope- we spend all our money on books- so we take the cheapest form of
                transportation we can find. Rental cars are for well-to-do Donald
                Trumpites.

                Jim

                --
                D. Jim West

              • Stephen C. Carlson
                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 2, 2005
                  At 08:24 PM 11/2/2005 -0500, David Hindley wrote:
                  >Don't scholars rent cars? If you're visiting London, Tokyo, New York City or
                  >Chicago, that's another thing. It's worth the $50-60.

                  At the SBL meetings I've attended, I usually just shared a
                  cab from/to the airport or took a shuttle. (Jim's right
                  about the books, though.)

                  Stephen

                  --
                  Stephen C. Carlson mailto:scarlson@...