The feeding of the 500

  • gbdawson
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 4, 2005
      Congratulations to Jeffrey Gibson as Crosstalk2 reaches 500 in
      membership!

      Newer members of the list may not remember its unmoderated
      predecessor that dissolved into chaos. Jeffrey was the one who
      proposed this list as its successor, and provided the structure and
      discipline to make it into an inviting venue for Historical Jesus
      scholarship.

      The well-moderated discourse on this list, the contributions from
      scholars (both present on the list, and as guest leaders of online
      seminars) and the articles that are posted for review and comment,
      have been instrumental in forming me as a New Testament scholar.
      Every day I find new material to prod and challenge me.

      Thanks to all of you--but today, thanks especially to Jeffrey for
      reaching this milestone.

      Gail Dawson
      Adjunct in Religious Studies
      Northern Virginia Community College
    • Jim West
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 4, 2005
        I had not noticed this milestone and I too want to heartily congratulate
        Jeffrey and the other moderators for a job well done! I remember those
        dreadful chaotic days...

        --
        D. Jim West