Apologies - A Correction To My Recent Posting

  • Frank Jacks
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2005
      I suffered the illusion that I had proofed my comments before posting
      them, but just now I re-read them after they went up on-line and found
      that I had not been as successful as I ought/should/could have been, but
      most of the "little glitches" are fairly obvious and ought not create
      any confusion ... except the huge gaff near the end where I left out a
      crucial word - "not"! So
      the flawed sentence should have read:

      But would James have felt comfortable with this? I
      suspect he would NOT have, for the
      reasons Ted has elucidate for us, which would then
      suggest Hellenized Antioch as the
      more likely "point of origin."

      So my renewed apologies for not having paid closer attention to the text
      before posting it.

      Frank

      Clive F. Jacks
      Professor of Religion, Emeritus
      Pikeville College
      Pikeville, KY

      (but now happily retried back home in the metro Atlanta area!)