Re: Slavery

  • Michael Theophilos
    Message 1 of 105 , Jul 21, 2005
      Hi Steve,

      You might want to check the interesting discussion in
      R. Stark, For the Glory of God, Princeton University Press, pp291-365.
      It deals mainly with the later centuries, but has some helpful
      footnotes.

      Cheers
      Michael
    • Richard H. Anderson
      Message 105 of 105 , Dec 2, 2005
        Liz,

        I assume you mean the url for the journal which I posted this am

        Xtalk member, Lisbeth S. Fried's, new book is now available, The Priest and
        the Great King: Temple-Palace Relations in the Persian Empire, together with
        this review in Denver Journal.
        http://www.denverseminary.edu/dj/articles2005/0100/0109.php

        Richard H. Anderson