Re: [XTalk] Marcion's influence on the development of the canon

  • Stephen C. Carlson
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 26, 2005
      At 09:12 AM 6/26/2005 -0500, Jeffrey B. Gibson wrote:
      >What, if anything, are good **online** discussions not only of Marcion
      >and his theology, but especially his role in forcing the proto orthodox
      >to define the NT canon?

      I just noticed that Harnack's History of Dogma, which touches on this
      point, is on-line at CCEL:

      http://www.ccel.org/h/harnack/

      Not immediately pertinent but also good to know is that CCEL has
      also uploaded an on-line version of Renan:

      http://www.ccel.org/r/renan/

      Stephen Carlson
      --
      Stephen C. Carlson mailto:scarlson@...