Re: [XTalk] development of a canon of Pau;ls letters

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 24, 2005
      At 04:35 PM 6/24/2005, Jeffrey B. Gibson wrote:
      >With apologies for cross posting.
      >
      >Does anyone have any suggestions for good **online** discussions of the
      >development of the Pauline canon?
      >
      >So far I have:
      >

      >The development of a canon of Paul's letters
      >
      >The Evolution of the Pauline Canon
      ><http://www.depts.drew.edu/jhc/Rpcanon.html>http://www.depts.drew.edu/jhc/Rpcanon.html
      >An argument by Robert Price of Drew University that sets out his view of
      >the evolution of a canon of Paul's letters and argues that how this
      >canon was formed forces us to reevaluate the issues of pseudonymity and
      >authority in Paul's churches in the early decades after his death.
      >
      >The First Collection of Paul's Letters
      ><http://www.earlychristianwritings.com/goodspeed/ch13.html>http://www.earlychristianwritings.com/goodspeed/ch13.html
      >This is the online version of Chapter 7 of Edgar Goodspeed's An
      >Introduction to the New Testament (University of Chicago Press, 1937) in
      >which he outlines the situation that he believes precipitated the first
      >collection of Paul's letters into a corpus.

      I don't know if you want to include the PBS website on Peter & Paul
      http://www.pbs.org/empires/peterandpaul/

      In addition, I can't find my links now, but you should explore the Text
      Criticism websites because the earliest of the papyrus codices was a
      collection of Paul's letters, and there's been quite a lot of discussion
      about it that I once found on the Internet. I'll take another look later.