Re:Bible Dudes Website

  • Jim West
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 11, 2005
      maluflen@... wrote:

      > I would include them. They are mighty entertaining for one thing, and
      > they seem to have serious and accurate scholarship behind them for
      > another.

      I don't wish to appear contrary, but since others are expressing their
      view of Bible Dudes and it's inclusion on Jeff's grand list for his
      revision of Harris- I would disagree. It simply demonstrates the
      "dumbing down" and "cartoonization" of biblical studies and though
      entertaining, in the long run it will prove counter-productive because
      it lends an air of unreality to the Bible. When the Bible is made a
      cartoon- it becomes cartoonish. Even the best scholarship, if
      bastardized, becomes, so far as the public is concerned, just another
      bit of trite drivel.

      --
      Jim West