Re: [XTalk] another jesus sighting

    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 28, 2005
      Which might lead us to Trinitarian thoughts about Jesus being "a chip
      off the old block:)!"

      (had to get this one in before the moderators cut us off;)!")

      Gordon

      On Mar 28, 2005, at 1:45 PM, Horace Jeffery Hodges wrote:

      > It brings a whole new meaning to "knock on wood."
      >
      > Jeffery Hodges
      >
      > --- Gordon Raynal <scudi1@...> wrote:
      >>
      >> LOL;)! It is hard to be original:)!
      >> Gordon

      >> carpenter;)!
      >>>>

      >>> I was thinking Rev 3- "I stand at the door and
      >> knock" which may in time
      >>> become "I am the door". But wait- John has that!
      >>>
      >>> ;-)
      >>>
      >>> Jim
      >
      > University Degrees:
      >
      > Ph.D., History, U.C. Berkeley
      > (Doctoral Thesis: "Food as Synecdoche in John's Gospel and Gnostic
      > Texts")
      >
      > Email Address:
      >
      > jefferyhodges@...
      >
      > Blog:
      >
      > http://gypsyscholarship.blogspot.com/
      >
      > Office Address:

      > Department of English Language and Literature
      > Korea University
      > 136-701 Anam-dong, Seongbuk-gu
      > Seoul
      > South Korea
      >
      > Home Address:

      > Seo-Dong 125-2
      > Shin-Dong-A, Apt. 102-709
      > 447-710 Kyunggido, Osan-City
      > South Korea

      > crosstalk2-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      >
      > To unsubscribe, send an e-mail to:
      >
      > List managers may be contacted directly at:
      > crosstalk2-owners@yahoogroups.com
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Tony Buglass
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 29, 2005
        Jim:
        I was thinking Rev 3- "I stand at the door and knock" which may in time
        become "I am the door". But wait- John has that!

        Jeffery:
        It brings a whole new meaning to "knock on wood."

        Gordon:
        Which might lead us to Trinitarian thoughts about Jesus being "a chip
        off the old block:)!"

        Tony:
        I was thinking more about opening up new possibilities in theology - anything to give us more of a handle on the issues involved. He'd be right in the frame for that kind of question.

        Grabs coat and exits stage right, rapidly...

        Cheers,
        Rev Tony Buglass
        Superintendent Minister
        Upper Calder Methodist Circuit
        W Yorks

      • Jim West
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 11, 2005
          and you wont believe this one....

          http://www.wbir.com/liveatfive/laf.aspx?storyid=24824

          Jim

          --
          Jim West

        • Jim West
          Message 4 of 10 , May 27, 2005
            video clip here:
            http://www.nbc5i.com/community/4539490/detail.html

            jim

            --
            Jim West

          • Mike Grondin
            Message 5 of 10 , May 27, 2005
              Not sure whether to laugh or cry, Jim. The woman straight-facedly
              reported to have been "blind for years" is shown wearing glasses -
              with no explanation offered. Then there's another one of those
              meaningless popular "surveys": "Do you see an image of Jesus Christ
              in the window?" Yes, No, Not Sure (currently 18, 60, and 22%
              respectively - unspecified how many respondents know for sure what
              Jesus looked like.) Since only two of the 20 pictures on the site are
              close-ups of the window itself, one surmises that the "reporter" saw
              this as nothing more than a superficial "human interest story".
              Amusing, yes, but in the end just another sad case of prostitution of
              the popular press. No news, that. Is it really worthy of note?

              Mike G.