Re: [XTalk] another jesus sighting

  • Horace Jeffery Hodges
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 28, 2005
      It brings a whole new meaning to "knock on wood."

      Jeffery Hodges

      --- Gordon Raynal <scudi1@...> wrote:

      > LOL;)! It is hard to be original:)!
      > Gordon
      > On Mar 28, 2005, at 12:38 PM, Jim West wrote:
      >

      > > Gordon Raynal wrote:
      > >
      > >> Hi Jim,
      > >> I guess it's only natural since Jesus was a
      > carpenter;)!
      > >> Gordon
      > >>

      > > I was thinking Rev 3- "I stand at the door and
      > knock" which may in time
      > > become "I am the door". But wait- John has that!
      > >
      > > ;-)
      > >
      > > Jim

      University Degrees:

      Ph.D., History, U.C. Berkeley
      M.A., History of Science, U.C. Berkeley

      Email Address:

      jefferyhodges@...

      Blog:

      http://gypsyscholarship.blogspot.com/

      Office Address:

      Korea University
      136-701 Anam-dong, Seongbuk-gu
      Seoul
      South Korea

      Home Address:

      Seo-Dong 125-2
      Shin-Dong-A, Apt. 102-709
      447-710 Kyunggido, Osan-City
      South Korea
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 28, 2005
        Which might lead us to Trinitarian thoughts about Jesus being "a chip
        off the old block:)!"

        (had to get this one in before the moderators cut us off;)!")

        Gordon

        On Mar 28, 2005, at 1:45 PM, Horace Jeffery Hodges wrote:

        > It brings a whole new meaning to "knock on wood."
        >
        > Jeffery Hodges
        >
        > --- Gordon Raynal <scudi1@...> wrote:
        >>
        >> LOL;)! It is hard to be original:)!
        >> Gordon

        >> carpenter;)!
        >>>>

        >>> I was thinking Rev 3- "I stand at the door and
        >> knock" which may in time
        >>> become "I am the door". But wait- John has that!
        >>>
        >>> ;-)
        >>>
        >>> Jim
        >
        > University Degrees:
        >
        > Ph.D., History, U.C. Berkeley
        > (Doctoral Thesis: "Food as Synecdoche in John's Gospel and Gnostic
        > Texts")
        >
        > Email Address:
        >
        > jefferyhodges@...
        >
        > Blog:
        >
        > http://gypsyscholarship.blogspot.com/
        >
        > Office Address:

        > Department of English Language and Literature
        > Korea University
        > 136-701 Anam-dong, Seongbuk-gu
        > Seoul
        > South Korea
        >
        > Home Address:

        > Seo-Dong 125-2
        > Shin-Dong-A, Apt. 102-709
        > 447-710 Kyunggido, Osan-City
        > South Korea

        > crosstalk2-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
        >
        > To unsubscribe, send an e-mail to:
        >
        > List managers may be contacted directly at:
        > crosstalk2-owners@yahoogroups.com
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Tony Buglass
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 29, 2005
          Jim:
          I was thinking Rev 3- "I stand at the door and knock" which may in time
          become "I am the door". But wait- John has that!

          Jeffery:
          It brings a whole new meaning to "knock on wood."

          Gordon:
          Which might lead us to Trinitarian thoughts about Jesus being "a chip
          off the old block:)!"

          Tony:
          I was thinking more about opening up new possibilities in theology - anything to give us more of a handle on the issues involved. He'd be right in the frame for that kind of question.

          Grabs coat and exits stage right, rapidly...

          Cheers,
          Rev Tony Buglass
          Superintendent Minister
          Upper Calder Methodist Circuit
          W Yorks

        • Jim West
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 11 3:38 PM
            and you wont believe this one....

            http://www.wbir.com/liveatfive/laf.aspx?storyid=24824

            Jim

            --
            Jim West

          • Jim West
            Message 5 of 10 , May 27, 2005
              video clip here:
              http://www.nbc5i.com/community/4539490/detail.html

              jim

              --
              Jim West

            • Mike Grondin
              Message 6 of 10 , May 27, 2005
                Not sure whether to laugh or cry, Jim. The woman straight-facedly
                reported to have been "blind for years" is shown wearing glasses -
                with no explanation offered. Then there's another one of those
                meaningless popular "surveys": "Do you see an image of Jesus Christ
                in the window?" Yes, No, Not Sure (currently 18, 60, and 22%
                respectively - unspecified how many respondents know for sure what
                Jesus looked like.) Since only two of the 20 pictures on the site are
                close-ups of the window itself, one surmises that the "reporter" saw
                this as nothing more than a superficial "human interest story".
                Amusing, yes, but in the end just another sad case of prostitution of
                the popular press. No news, that. Is it really worthy of note?

                Mike G.