Re: [XTalk] OFF topic: Ideal NT introduction

  • Jack Kilmon
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 5 7:02 AM
      From: "Ernest Pennells" <pennells@...>
      To: <crosstalk2@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Saturday, February 05, 2005 7:14 AM
      Subject: RE: [XTalk] OFF topic: Ideal NT introduction

      > [John C. Poirier]
      >>the argument from the Markan mediation of wording and order does not imply
      > Markan temporal or genetic priority?<
      >
      > My dream is that somebody might pick up John Poirier's point (among
      > others)
      > and ask that academia cease laying the shaky foundation of Markan
      > priority.
      >
      > Regards,
      >
      > Ernie Pennells
      > Apartment 4, Level 12, Samaa El Maadi Tower No 2B,
      > 28 Corniche El Nil, Cairo, Egypt
      > Tel: (20-2) 526 6383

      I have read all of the various convoluted arguments and just cannot get past
      one simple feature....Matthew copied Mark and Luke copied Mark. That aint
      shakey.

      Jack

      Jack Kilmon
      San Marcos, Texas
    • Ernest Pennells
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 6 3:48 AM
        [Jack Kilmon]
        >I have read all of the various convoluted arguments and just cannot get
        past
        one simple feature....Matthew copied Mark and Luke copied Mark. That aint
        shakey.<

        Oh darn! My dream is developing into a nightmare.

        Regards,

        Ernie Pennells
        Apartment 4, Level 12, Samaa El Maadi Tower No 2B,
        28 Corniche El Nil, Cairo, Egypt
        Tel: (20-2) 526 6383
      • Horace Jeffery Hodges
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 6 3:12 PM
          My ideal New Testament introduction on CD would
          include tours of heaven and hell. I'd like to see the
          various understandings of the afterlife and the cosmic
          architecture that shows the positions of various
          afterlifes in the larger scheme of things.

          Jeffery Hodges

          =====
          University Degrees:

          Ph.D., History, U.C. Berkeley
          M.A., History of Science, U.C. Berkeley

          Email Address:

          jefferyhodges@...

          Office Address:

          Korea University
          136-701 Anam-dong, Seongbuk-gu
          Seoul
          South Korea

          Home Address:

          Seo-Dong 125-2
          Shin-Dong-A, Apt. 102-709
          447-710 Kyunggido, Osan-City
          South Korea
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 6 4:10 PM

            Horace Jeffery Hodges wrote:

            > My ideal New Testament introduction on CD would
            > include tours of heaven and hell. I'd like to see the
            > various understandings of the afterlife and the cosmic
            > architecture that shows the positions of various
            > afterlifes in the larger scheme of things.

            An excellent idea!  Not only the physical world of the NT but the "metaphysical"
            one as well

            Sort of like what _The World of Athens_ has (in text, of course).

            So .. what other suggestions do List Members have?

            What is NOT in standard intros that you have to supplement when you teach a NT
            intro class?

            Jeffrey B. Gibson, D.Phil. (Oxon.)

            1500 W. Pratt Blvd. #1
            Chicago, IL 60626