Re: [XTalk] Fwd: "Ruach Qadim"

  • Horace Jeffery Hodges
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2005
      Bob Schacht asked:

      >>So what does Ruach Qadim mean?<<

      Looks like it might mean "East Wind."

      Exodus 10:13a has "ruach qadim" for east wind, but
      this wind brings the locust horde to Egypt, so that's
      an unlikely allusion.

      In Arabic, "qadim" means "old," but I doubt that
      that's intended as a meaning.

      My Syriac dictionary is at the office, so I cannot
      check it.

      Jeffery Hodges

      =====
      University Degrees: