Re: [XTalk] Blurb in Today's New York Times re: Shroud of Turin

    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 28, 2005
      SteveBlack wrote:

      > A question about list history...
      >
      > Wasn't the original crosstalk list shut down because of discussions
      > about the infamous shroud?

      The old list was never shut down. It still exists and one can actually still send
      messages to it.

      But at my initiative, a second (the present) list was established because the old
      one had been taken over by a fellow who called himself Christ Thomas and who
      claimed to be the re-incarnation of the author of the GOT (but strangely enough
      could not write in Greek or Aramaic and kept quoting the KJV when he wanted to
      tells what the Bible said). He was clearly deranged. And he -- and other cranks
      and crazies -- could not be stopped from posting because the Old Crosstalk was
      unmoderated.

      Nothing to do with postings on the shroud.

      Yours,

      Jeffrey B. Gibson, D.Phil. (Oxon.)

      1500 W. Pratt Blvd. #1
      Chicago, IL 60626