Restoration

  • sdavies0
    Message 1 of 97 , Jan 3, 2005
      --- In crosstalk2@yahoogroups.com, Loren Rosson <rossoiii@y...>
      wrote:

      > The eschatological prophet who
      > looked for the restoration of Israel, obedient to
      > Torah, does not square with Sanders' own breed of
      > Christianity -- that is, liberal social-gospel
      > Protestantism.

      I've heard this term before but I've never understood it. What does
      the "restoration" of Israel mean? If someone can explain it, please
      do so on the level of one peasant to another. Neither Jesus'
      audiences nor I understand theological discourse. If Jesus told
      people that he came to verb the "restoration" of Israel, what would
      they have thought he meant by that? I guess you'll have to tell me
      what "Israel" is too. Does it include Mayans? Galileans? Dead
      people? Does it have boundaries or does it exist on the level of The
      Idea?

      Steve Davies
    • John E Staton
      Message 97 of 97 , Jan 6, 2005
        Rick wrote: "I wonder what a Galilean Darlek would look like"

        I haven't a clue, but I know what one would *say*:
        EXTERMINATE, EXTERMINATE!

        Incidentally, I apologise to our wonderful moderator for my earlier use of
        President Bush's favourite weapon: the pre-emotive strike!!

        Best Wishes
        JOHN E STATON
        Penistone, Sheffield UK
        www.jestaton.org