Re: [XTalk] The Streetlight Fallacy

  • Mike Grondin
    Message 1 of 97 , Jan 2, 2005
      --- Gordon Raynal wrote:
      > That some communities early on went a bit zoo-y on "end times"
      > ferment only tells us that some of those Gentiles didn't quite
      > get the ramifications of Jewish eschatological thought ...

      Don't know what "communities" you have in mind, but could they have
      been any more zoo-y on end-times ferment than Paul? Or where do you
      see him correcting them and/or toning down their expectations?

      Mike
    • John E Staton
      Message 97 of 97 , Jan 6, 2005
        Rick wrote: "I wonder what a Galilean Darlek would look like"

        I haven't a clue, but I know what one would *say*:
        EXTERMINATE, EXTERMINATE!

        Incidentally, I apologise to our wonderful moderator for my earlier use of
        President Bush's favourite weapon: the pre-emotive strike!!

        Best Wishes
        JOHN E STATON
        Penistone, Sheffield UK
        www.jestaton.org