Re: [XTalk] Aramaic Transliteration Sought

  • Jack Kilmon
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 28, 2004
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "elsibiades" <gwitt@...>
      To: <crosstalk2@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Monday, December 27, 2004 3:50 PM
      Subject: [XTalk] Aramaic Transliteration Sought

      > I have the text in Hebrew, Aramaic, and English but need still to
      > acquire it in Roman transliteration of the Aramaic--I can fax if you
      > can receive, or provide the citation to the passage.

      Which transliteration scheme? Michigan Claremont? Do you really want a
      phonetic rendering in Roman? For example, a transliteration of the first
      few words of the Lord's Prayer using a standard scheme would be:

      )bwn db$my) ytqd$ $mk (without pointing).

      A phonetic rendering would be:

      AHwoon duwushMAya yeet QAdesh shmak

      Is the phonetic what you are looking for?

      Jack