Re: [XTalk] Lost in Cyberspace? (Not)

    Message 1 of 33 , Dec 27, 2004
      At 01:49 PM 12/27/2004, Jack Kilmon wrote, concerning the delayed Sabatino
      post:
      >...no black holes or cyber-bogeymen..just 'black Jack." I was doing a
      >little maintenance today and there were some messages and memberships stuck
      >in the cyberpipes that needed either passing through or deletion. Just
      >house cleaning <g>
      >
      >Jack

      A small note of clarification: When the moderators possess a certain level
      of confidence in a member, they are allowed to post without waiting for
      moderator approval. Newer members, or members with a more checkered history
      of posts, are placed on "Moderated" status, meaning that each post of
      theirs must be approved before posting. It is one of our tools for
      regulating list content. Those who have been around for a while know what
      happened before Jeffrey Gibson took the initiative to re-establish
      CrossTalk (unmoderated) as XTalk (moderated). Sabatino is one member who is
      still establishing a "track record", so he is still on moderated status.
      Unfortunately, sometimes the moderators get pre-occupied with other things
      (like Christmas, fer example!) and it may take a little while to screen
      every post submitted. Everyone should thank Jeffrey (and Jack) for their
      labors in this regard. This hides from your eyes some of the loonier posts
      that would otherwise fill your inboxes. Of course, "looniness" is not
      really a formal criterion. Moderated posts are filtered using the list
      protocols (http://ntgateway.com/xtalk/#protocol) in order to assure a
      reasonable scholarly standard. You are welcome to call to our attention any
      messages that were posted in apparent violation of these protocols.

      Bob Schacht
      Assistant List manager.

      Message 33 of 33 , Dec 27, 2004