Re: [XTalk] Cross Posting from Jesus Mysteries - "Mark Allan Powell Book"

  • Mark Goodacre
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 8, 2004
      On Wed, 8 Dec 2004 08:24:34 -0800, Ken Olson <kenolson101@...> wrote:

      > Matt,
      >
      > There are two reviews of the book at the Review of Biblical Literature site:
      >
      > http://www.bookreviews.org/bookdetail.asp?TitleId=881&CodePage=75,881,4409,308
      >
      > You need Adobe Acrobat to read them. If you don't have it, it's available for free download at the same site.
      >
      > As I recall, Mark Goodacre has written a review of the book as well, but I couldn't find it online.

      Thanks for mentioning it. It's part of a review article called "The
      Quest to Digest Jesus", from RRT, but reproduced at:

      http://www.theology.bham.ac.uk/goodacre/digest.htm

      I liked the Powell book but thought that there were a few misleading
      elements, especially over Synoptic issues.

      Mark

      Dept of Theology and Religion
      University of Birmingham
      Elmfield House, Selly Oak tel.+44 121 414 7512
      Birmingham B29 6LQ UK fax: +44 121 415 8376

      http://www.theology.bham.ac.uk/goodacre
      http://NTGateway.com
    • Ken Olson