Cross Posting from Jesus Mysteries - "Mark Allan Powell Book"

  • JesusQuest70@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 7, 2004
      I recently came into possession of a copy of Mark Allan Powell's book,
      "Jesus as a Figure in History." The liner notes claim that it is a fairly
      even-handed examination of the thought and works of the leading Jesus scholars today
      (Borg, Meier, Wright, Crossan, etc.). I haven't had the opportunity to read
      it yet, since I'm in the middle of two other Crossan books at the present
      time, but was curious as to whether it does in fact provide a good summary --
      particularly for someone like me who is more familiar with some writers
      (Wright, Crossan, Meier) than I am with others (Borg and Sanders). Should I read
      it or keep it on the shelf?

      Thanks in advance for the input, and best to all.

      - Matt Rhodes