Re: New Manuscript? BBC Radio Programme

  • John E Staton
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 25, 2004
      I have now listened to the programme referred to, and as others have
      suggested, there is no new manuscript: Dr Garrow believes he can detect the
      decree within the Didache. In fact, he goes further. He sees the Didache as
      being perhaps our most faithful guide to the way the earliest Christians
      thought and worshipped. Indeed, he attempts to revive and continue the
      belief and worship systems described in the Didache in contemporary England,
      and appears to want to convert the rest of us to a form of belief which sees
      Christianity as a form of Judaism.
      Despite missing only a minute or two at the beginning I didn't hear very
      much about the Apostolic Decree. It can't have featured very greatly.
      Probably just a publicity stunt to get people to listen to a radio programme
      at 8pm when most people are glued to the telly.

      Best Wishes
      JOHN E STATON
      Penistone, Sheffield UK
      www.jestaton.org