Jesus/Emmanuel

  • Zeba Crook
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 24, 2004
      I'm away from my books at the moment, and need an explanation of
      something I feel I should know off by heart.

      How is it that naming someone Jesus was a fulfillment of a prophecy that
      someone would be named Emmanuel? That is, is there some relationship of
      meaning between Emmanuel and Iesous/Yehoshua that I'm missing?
      Sometimes the most obvious questions are the last to occur to us.

      Cheers,

      Zeb
      --

      Zeba A. Crook

      Assistant Professor, Classics and Religion

      2a54 Patterson Hall

      Carleton University

      1125 Colonel By Drive

      Ottawa, Ontario