Gospel of Peter Greek and a question

  • Wieland Willker
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 6, 2004
      Since there is a new definitive edition out about the Gospel of Peter, I
      have checked my Greek text once again and have it now hopefully error
      free at:

      http://www-user.uni-bremen.de/~wie/texteapo/GPeter-Greek.html

      I found that there is an interesting textcritical question here at a
      crucial point, namely the NAI communicated by "The Cross that Spoke" (D.
      Crossan).

      Have a look at:
      http://www-user.uni-bremen.de/~wie/texteapo/NAI.jpg

      What we really read here is:
      KAI UPAKOH HKOUETO APO TOU STAUROU *TINAI*
      The editors note that it looks like if the I of TI is written over
      something else.

      The question is how to interpret this TINAI. It looks strange. I already
      discussed this with some people and also posted it to the
      textualcriticism list, but so far no convincing solution came up.

      I am now posting this cross to invite more brains.

      Best wishes
      Wieland
      <><
      Wieland Willker, Bremen, Germany