OFF TOPIC: Fares to SBL

    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 5, 2004
      What has anyone here found to be the cheapest airline for flights to SBL
      -- especially from the Chicago area? The prices that the SBL sponsored
      carriers (Delta, Continental, American) are charging to get from Chicago
      to San Antonio and back are as much as round trip flights to England!

      Dazed,

      Jeffrey B. Gibson, D.Phil. (Oxon.)

      1500 W. Pratt Blvd. #1
      Chicago, IL 60626

      jgibson000@...
    • Jim West
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 5, 2004
        At 11:00 AM 10/5/04, you wrote:

        >What has anyone here found to be the cheapest airline for flights to SBL
        >-- especially from the Chicago area? The prices that the SBL sponsored
        >carriers (Delta, Continental, American) are charging to get from Chicago
        >to San Antonio and back are as much as round trip flights to England!
        >
        >Dazed,

        Jeff-- Its all a matter of timing. If you fly down on Thursday and Return
        the next tuesday roundtrip on american is 277.
        flying thursday and returning tuesday has, in my experience, always been
        cheapest, even overseas.

        best

        Jim

        +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
        Jim West, ThD
        Pastor, Petros Baptist Church
        http://www.biblical-studies.blogspot.com Biblical Theology Weblog
      • gdawson22824
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 5, 2004
          > The prices that the SBL sponsored
          > carriers (Delta, Continental, American) are charging to get from
          > Chicago to San Antonio and back are as much as round trip flights
          > to England!

          I got my tickets today--DC (Dulles) to San Antonio, for $291 RT. I
          used Expedia but also called the SBL Continental number in the
          program. If I had booked through the SBL number, with the supposed
          discount, it would have cost me nearly $200 more.

          Per Jim West's comment about arrival/departure times: I'm arriving
          Friday midday; leaving Tuesday morning.

          Gail Dawson
        • Jim West
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 5, 2004
            At 05:12 PM 10/5/04, you wrote:

            >I got my tickets today--DC (Dulles) to San Antonio, for $291 RT. I
            >used Expedia but also called the SBL Continental number in the
            >program. If I had booked through the SBL number, with the supposed
            >discount, it would have cost me nearly $200 more.

            It's always best to do your own booking- and avoid those "group rates" like
            the plague they are.

            Jim

            +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
            Jim West, ThD
            Pastor, Petros Baptist Church
            http://www.biblical-studies.blogspot.com Biblical Theology Weblog
          • John E Staton
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 5, 2004
              Jeffrey Gibson wrote: "The prices that the SBL sponsored
              carriers (Delta, Continental, American) are charging to get from Chicago
              to San Antonio and back are as much as round trip flights to England!"

              Then why not come to England next year? Some of us will be pleased to see
              you!

              Best Wishes

              JOHN E STATON
              Penistone, Sheffield UK