Re: [XTalk] Flashbacks - Jesus and Mel Gibson's Passion of the Christ

  • Loren Rosson
    Message 1 of 151 , Oct 5, 2004
      Zeb wrote:

      > I had the same response, and so side with Bob on
      > this one Loren...

      Fair enough guys; I won't press the point. Admittedly
      I tend to have an elitist view of film -- that
      directors can and sometimes should "expect more" from
      their audiences, even beyond what is readily
      self-evident. And I maintain that it would have been
      almost impossible to make substantive use of any
      flashbacks for the kind of film Gibson was doing. But
      your points are well taken.

      =====
      Loren Rosson III
      Nashua NH
      rossoiii@...

      "In the natural sciences a person is remembered for his best idea; in the social sciences he is remembered for his worst."

      http://mobile.yahoo.com/maildemo
    • Rikk Watts
      Message 151 of 151 , Oct 8, 2004
        Already on it