Re: [XTalk] RE: The Five Gospels

  • Jim West
    Message 1 of 151 , Oct 4, 2004
      At 10:25 PM 10/3/2004, you wrote:

      >Just as a clarification, I am somewhat puzzled by your characterisation
      >of Wright's response to the Jesus Seminar as "emotional". I wonder if
      >you would be kind enough to share the title of articles or monographs
      >in which he departs from the expected scholarly detachment

      Just a question- does anyone actually believe that there is such a thing as
      "scholarly detachment"? If so, could someone kindly explain how its
      possible to be detached and simultaneously engaged?

      Thanks

      Jim

      Jim West, ThD
      Pastor, First Baptist Church Petros
      http://biblical-studies.blogspot.com Biblical Theology Weblog

      "Man sage doch nicht, es sei ein neutrales Forschungsergebnis. Ein solcher
      Mann sollte die Hand von Jesus lassen, er versteht ihn niemals" -- Paul Wernle
    • Rikk Watts
      Message 151 of 151 , Oct 8, 2004
        Already on it

        Tks Bob.