RE: The Five Gospels

  • Jim Lewis
    Message 1 of 151 , Oct 3, 2004
      -----Original Message-----

      Just as a clarification, I am somewhat puzzled by your characterisation
      of Wright's response to the Jesus Seminar as "emotional". I wonder if
      you would be kind enough to share the title of articles or monographs
      in which he departs from the expected scholarly detachment in analysing
      the JS. Certainly his critique of Crossan and his followers, as I see
      it, is sharp, caustic and fundamental, but I would not therefore call
      it "emotional".

      James Lewis
      Graduate Theological Foundation
      Oxford University