RE: [XTalk] The Five Gospels

  • C. McKinney
    Message 1 of 151 , Oct 1, 2004

      You probably didn't mean it this way, but it sounds as though you disagree
      with JS critics, including Wright, because of their emotions. That would be
      a fallacy. Further, the implication is that critics who sympathize with the
      JS do not react with emotion (they're probably Objective or Neutral).

      Again, I realize you probably meant that you are simply more skeptical of
      these critics' arguments because you believe they are obfuscating less
      acceptable reasons for objecting to the JS. I'm just reacting with my own
      emotion based on past encounters with similar ad hominem dismissals.

      Chris McKinney
      Claremont Graduate University
    • Rikk Watts
      Message 151 of 151 , Oct 8, 2004