Re: Discipleship

  • John E Staton
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 8, 2004
      Bob,
      From memory, he suggests there were various "circles of discipleship"
      around Jesus, ranging from the "inner three" and the twelve at one end, to
      people who turned up whenever Jesus was in the neighbourhood at the other.
      In between we have the women who provided for his needs. There may also have
      been "regional" disciples (i.e they may have followed him around Galilee,
      but not accompanied him to Jerusalem. Not all of these will have "given up
      everything", and some may have remained members of their local communities.
      It may, however, be wise to do a bit of source criticism to
      determine how much of the forgoing is Jimmy Dunn, and how much is me.

      Best Wishes
      JOHN E STATON
      Penistone, Sheffield UK
      www.jestaton.org